The world’s most famous celebrities have gone beyond just entertaining their fans with their talents. Some of them have taken that philanthropic bold step in dipping their hands in their bank accounts for charity works, putting smiles on the faces of the needy and the less privileged.
One of such celebrities who have devoted their time to doing charity works is no other than the beautiful songstress, Rihanna. This Barbadian, based in the US, is a renowned singer, songwriter, actress and fashion designer. Rihanna has many awards including Grammys to her accolades.
Rihanna was yesterday, Tuesday, the last day of February honored at the prestigious Harvard University. She was chosen by Harvard, as Harvard’s 2017 Humanitarian of the Year.
According to Harvard, Rihanna became the favorite for the award for her numerous charity works. One of the notable charitable causes is the State of the art Center for Oncology and Nuclear Medicine she built in her home country Barbados, aimed at diagnosing and treating breast cancer.
Other charity works by Rihanna includes the following;
- Her Believe Foundation which supports children to survive and thrive in a world where many do not have access to good medical care, school and clothing.
- Her foundation partners DKTS to fight blood cancer.
- Her unwavering support for Global Partnership for Education and Global Citizen Project, which enable children access to education in developing nations.
- Clara Lionel Foundation scholarship program provided for students Caribbean origin attending college in the United States of America.
- Helping a mother of two to find a bone marrow transplant
The Harvard Foundation every year awards the Humanitarian honour public figures with exemplary leadership in humanitarian services. Rihanna, you can say, isn’t just a pretty face with good music, but she’s got a beautiful soul; a heart of charity. Congratulation, Rihanna; and keep doing the good work.